Appendicitis is an inflammation of the appendix, an 8-9 cm long tube of tissue that extends from the large intestine. The appendix is also known as the cecum. It is the structure at the junction of the small intestine and the large intestine. Inflammation of this organ is called appendicitis. Timely diagnosis and treatment is important. It is a medical emergency that requires surgery as soon as possible.
Who Can Get Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is not usually seen in children younger than two years old. It mostly affects people between the ages of 10 and 30.
What Are the Symptoms of Appendicitis?
- Pain in the lower right side of the abdomen or pain that moves down near the belly. (This is usually the first sign.)
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea and vomiting immediately after the onset of belly pain
- Swollen belly
Less common symptoms of appendicitis:
- Pain in the upper or lower abdomen, back
- Painful or difficult urination
- Vomiting before abdominal pain
- Severe cramping
- Flatulent constipation or diarrhea
How to Diagnose Appendicitis?
Diagnosis of appendicitis can sometimes be difficult. Symptoms are often vague. They can also resemble symptoms of other diseases such as gallbladder problems, bladder or urinary tract infection, Crohn's disease, gastritis, kidney stones, intestinal infection, and ovarian problems. Abdominal and rectal examination, urine and blood tests, CT (computed tomography), and ultrasound scans are used for diagnosis.
How to Treat Appendicitis?
Removal of the appendix, called an appendectomy, is the standard treatment for nearly all cases of appendicitis.
- Breast Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment Methods
- Swallowable Gastric Balloon
- What Are the Symptoms of Gallbladder Stones? How Is It Treated?
- 3 Major Developments Shaping Treatment in Colon Cancer
- Can Weight Loss Despite Not Dieting Be a Sign of Cancer?
- The Biggest Obstacle to Early Diagnosis of Breast Cancer: LACK OF INFORMATION
- Serious Risk Factor for Colon Cancer: Heredity
- He Came to Turkey to Get Rid of the Colostomy Bag
- Breast Protective Surgery Is Not Recommended in the Treatment of Multifocal Breast Cancer
- Does Breast Cancer Risk Decrease During Pregnancy and Breastfeeding?
- Breast Cancer Incidence Age Is Decreasing Day by Day
- Early Detection Is Cancer's Most Powerful Enemy
- Breast Cancer Has Dethroned Lung Cancer for The First Time! But, Why?
- Emotional Stress May Affect Risk of Recurrence in Breast Cancer
- Although Her Fears Prevented Her from Going to the Hospital, She Managed to Beat Breast Cancer at the Age of 70
- Age of Breast Cancer Prevalence Falls, yet Mortality Declines
- Breast Cancer Screening Applications Decreased by 10% Before the Pandemic
- Facts About Breast Cancer
- Gallbladder Stones
- Hemorrhoid Treatment
- Questions About Gastroenterology Surgery
- Surgery for Breast Cancer and Breast Aesthetics Can Be Performed Simultaneously
- New Study Surprised: “Mortality Increased in Breast Cancer Cases Under the Age of 40”