Thyroid diseases are quite common in Turkey. Until today, there has not been a multidisciplinary clinic in our country that deals with this issue specifically.
The parathyroid gland is one of the lesser-known organs of the human body located next to the thyroid gland. However, parathyroid gland diseases are the cause of many bone, kidney, stomach, intestine, and pancreatic diseases.
Thyroid-Parathyroid Diseases and Surgery Clinic was established within Yeditepe University Hospitals and is a center where early diagnosis and medical and surgical treatment of all kinds of diseases of these two organs are carried out by academicians who are experts in the field.
The clinic offers services with a team of academicians specialized in thyroid and parathyroid diseases from seven different branches and with international scientific articles on this subject.
Click for information about our team.
Specialties of the academicians of the Thyroid-Parathyroid Diseases and Surgery Clinic:
- Endocrine surgery
- Nuclear Medicine
The main vision of the clinic is to reach an international center position in thyroid and parathyroid patients. In this clinic, only people with thyroid and parathyroid disease are accepted and treated by a team of experts who are experienced in the field, accompanied by the latest data of science.
Diagnosis and Treatment Techniques Applied in the Clinic
- Specific Thyroid and Parathyroid Ultrasonography
- Thyroid (Tc99m) and Parathyroid (MIBI) Scintigraphy
- Thyroid, Parathyroid Function Tests
- DOTATATE Scintigraphy
- Fine Needle and Trucut Biopsy
- Colin PET
- Radioactive Iodine (Atom) Treatment
- Radioactive Lithium Treatment
- Parathyroid Transplantation
- Radiofrequency Ablation (Non-Surgical) Nodule Treatment
- Classical and Microsurgical Techniques
- Non-incision (TOETVA) Technique Surgery