Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) Diseases
The Department of Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) of Yeditepe University Hospitals continues to work on all issues that fall within the department's field of interest, from head and neck tumors to balance problems, from hearing loss to nose surgeries performed without a tampon, with interdisciplinary cooperation, as in other departments of our hospital.
The services provided in the Department of Otolaryngology of Yeditepe University Hospitals are as follows:
- Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
- Tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy
- Concha reduction
- Ear tubes
- Tympanoplasty in the treatment of eardrum perforations and chronic middle ear diseases
- Closed reduction of nasal fractures
- Vertigo treatment
- Ear ringing and its treatment
- Diagnosis and treatment of hearing loss
- Diagnosis and treatment of voice diseases
- Benign and malignant tumors of the head and neck
- Aesthetic nose surgeries
- Ear Aesthetics
- Tonsillectomy and Adenoidectomy
- Ear tube placement
- Tympanoplasty (eardrum and inner ear reconstruction)
- Frenectomy (releasing the tongue ligament)
- Removal of foreign bodies from the ear and nose under anesthesia
- Correction of nasal fractures
- Correction of protruding ears
Neck and Head Surgery
Yeditepe University Hospital offers a wide range of surgical treatments for cancers and other conditions in the head and neck. The diagnosis and treatment of benign and malignant tumors in the thyroid and neck, as well as discomfort in the plaque, nose, throat, oral cavity, nasal tract, larynx, and salivary gland, are carried out by experienced specialists with current technology. In the section where the interdisciplinary approach is maintained, it aims to minimize postoperative problems and ensure that our patients return to their daily lives as soon as possible.
Rhinology is the examination and treatment of the nose, including the sinuses. In our department, diagnosis, and treatment of rhinology (nasal and sinus) problems such as allergy, acute and chronic sinusitis, nasal polyps, undiagnosed chronic nasal congestion, nasal and sinus cavity tumors, and various types are carried out.
Our patients are offered a complete range of services for the diagnosis and treatment of nasal and sinus problems, and endoscopic methods commonly used in sinus surgery today are applied by experienced specialists.
Both domestic and foreign patients:
- Comprehensive nose and sinus evaluation to diagnose the true causes of your problems and plan the most appropriate treatment
- Medical treatment for rhinitis and sinusitis,
- A treatment plan for removing nasal obstructions to ease your nasal breathing, including reducing radiofrequency concha volume and surgically correcting the deviated nasal septum and other nasal deformities,
- Endoscopic sinus surgery to treat your sinus problems,
- Endoscopic sinonasal tumor surgery,
- Medical treatment and microdebrider surgery in nasal polyps
- Surgery to correct a recurrent nosebleed or persistent runny nose
- Diagnosis and treatment of snoring and sleep disorders are carried out.
Voice, Speech and Swallowing Disorders
Sometimes a mild voice or vocal cord disorder may be a sign of a more important health problem. Diagnosis and treatment of both vocal diseases, vocal aesthetics, and swallowing disorders are carried out in the Department of Ear, Nose, and Throat Diseases of Yeditepe University Hospitals.
A wide range of voice problems that people from all walks of life, including professional singers, actors, teachers, and speakers, can experience, offers a comprehensive program for the treatment of a wide range of voice and swallowing disorders.
The sound, speech, and swallowing disorders team of Yeditepe University Hospitals, which operates with its multidisciplinary approach and philosophy, includes otolaryngologists, speech-language therapists, vocal and voice coaches, neurologists, and gastroenterologists. The team offers comprehensive diagnostic and treatment options for the treatment of voice and swallowing disorders, including state-of-the-art medical, surgical, and behavioral care.
Some of the problems treated are as follows:
- Bowed vocal cords
- Chronic hoarseness and sore throat
- Laryngopharyngeal reflux
- Laryngeal cancer
- Vocal issues
- Spasmodic dysphonia
- Vocal cord cysts
- Vocal cord paralysis
- Syndromes of vocal abuse and overuse
- Vocal nodules
- Vocal polyps
- Sound and swallowing disorders associated with Parkinson's disease and other neurological disorders
In the Department of Ear, Nose, and Throat Diseases of Yeditepe University Hospitals, the underlying causes of dizziness and balance problems are investigated and personalized solutions are offered.
The causes of dizziness are as diverse as their clinical definitions and can include different structures from the inner ear to the brain. The feeling of dizziness or dizziness may be caused by an infection or disease in the inner ear. For example, one possible cause is labyrinthitis, which is inflammation of the inner ear. Meniere's disease and benign positional vertigo are among other inner ear problems that can trigger dizziness.
The neurological causes of dizziness include multiple sclerosis, stroke, migraines, and rare tumors. Dizziness can be caused by fatigue, stress, fever, low blood sugar, anemia, head trauma, and heart or circulation problems. In addition, some drugs or psychological problems can cause dizziness.
Dizziness treatment includes a wide range of treatment plans, from drugs to different medical, surgical, and rehabilitation approaches. The section provides comprehensive treatment options for the underlying causes of dizziness.
Our department offers detailed clinical assessment, ENG/VNG and MRI tests, Vestibular Rehabilitation, and Balance Assessment and Training Programs. Regardless of the underlying cause, the diagnosis and treatment of our patients are carried out with a multidisciplinary approach.